I read widely many views, perspectives, and opinions. My goal is to pursue Jesus and understand and impact the world through a Kingdom of God perspective with the help of the Holy Spirit.
Instruction in the Supernatural Christian Worldview
1985 Signs and Wonders Conference
Ep 1: Wimber’s Personal Pilgramage
Ep 2: Power Evangelism, Part 1
Ep 3: Power Evangelism, Kingdom of God Part 1
Ep 4: Kingdom of God, Part 2, Worldview Part 1
Ep 5: Worldview Parts 2 and 3
Ep 6: Spiritual Gifts, Parts 1 & 2
Ep 7: Spiritual Gifts, Part 3. Signs and Wonders, Part 1
Ep 8: Signs and Wonders, Part 2
Ep 9: Case Histories
Ep 10: Case Histories Part 3
Ep 11: Categories of Healing
Ep 12: Categories of Healing & What the Holy Spirit is Saying to
the Church Today
Blogs I Visit
I don’t agree or intend to defend everything on every blog or site linked below. Just because I read from a website with a particular end-times perspective does not mean I agree with it. However, I think being well read in a wide variety of perspectives and being able to critically think about them.
- BioLogos: Science and Christianity.
- Happy Notes by Happy Leman: My pastor.
- Dr. Michael S. Hesier Bible Scholar.
- Logos Blog: Scholarly instruction on the Bible..
Many people I respect have written or spoken critically about some of the teachers I would defend. I would suggest that my critical friends are not thinking clearly on these specific issues. It’s not up to
me to correct all errant thinking because I no doubt have some as well. It’s contingent on me to rather to love as my friends are on their own journeys with Jesus.
Books To Read
To help gain a supernatural worldview based on the Kingdom of God and filled with the Holy Spirit, I suggest these books.
- Presence of the Future, George Ladd
- Kingdom of God, George Ladd (less scholarly than Presence of the Future)
- The Culture Industry, Theodor Adorno. Discussions about how our society is shaped by mass media and pop culture.
- The Stars Down to Earth, Theodor Adorno. Discussions about how free will is negated by reading horoscopes and other tools of mass media.
- Kingdom Triangle, J.P. Moreland
- Power Evangelism, John Wimber
- Creation and the Persistence of Evil, Levenson
- The Lost World of Genesis One, John Walton
- Supernatural, by Mike Heiser
- The Nearly Perfect Crime, by Francis MacNutt. How the church nearly killed the ministry of healing.
- Unseen Realm, by Dr. Michael Heiser
- Inventing the People, Edward S. Morgan. Discussions about the myths the United States was founded on.
- Reason in the Balance Phillip Johnson
- Mystically Wired, Ken Wilson
- Essential Guide to Healing, Johnson and Clark
- Forbidden Gates, Tom Horn
- Entertaining Angels: Engaging the Unseen Realm, Randy Clark
- Learning to pray, Alexander Venter